I absolutely love these! The freeze well and make a great easy and delicious lunch! 2 patties is 6 Points Plus and 236.2 calories.
What you need:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 large scallions, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup steamed spinach, chopped (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs (for GF, be sure to use GF breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
How to make:
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and place the grains in a medium sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until quinoa is tender and has absorbed the liquid, about 20 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, scallions, garlic, salt, steamed spinach, and breadcrumbs. Let everything sit for a few minutes to absorb the liquid. The batter should be moist, but not runny. Form patties 1/4 cup each.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. In 2 or 3 batches, cook the patties covered for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until browned and golden.
- Makes 14 patties.
Find original recipe here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/06/quinoa-and-spinach-patties.html